Sureau Dress

A quick follow up from my last post of sewing at Raystitch…

Last night I had time to alter the Sureau dress that I did on Sunday. It was too sloppy on top so I took in the darts at the back about an inch each. I also had to make the elastic in the sleeves a wee bit smaller and it needed to be hemmed. Don’t look closely because the hemming job was a disaster. I may redo it but that didn’t stop me from wearing it to work today!!!…

20131002-162919.jpg

20131002-162933.jpg

In November I’m going to have a lesson with the instructor from the course at home and she has kindly offered to alter the pattern for me so that I get the top of the smaller size next time. It can also be altered to make a nice blouse. I’d also like her to cut a pattern for doing short sleeves. I’m so excited! I might have multiple copies of this dress for all seasons!